Sights of the region – our Top 10
Visit the Dachstein Glacier, the highest mountain in Styria or get an insight into the production of loden and look at the Lodenwalke in Ramsau Rössing. Take a walk past the Bergretter Zentrale or Emilies Hof, the locations of the TV series “Die Bergretter”. Another worth seeing crafts can be found in the schnapps and mountain pine distillery on Mandlberggut. Watching the refining with subsequent tasting of the specialties.
1. The Dachstein
Experience the exciting Dachstein Glacier World with all your senses. A worthwhile trip with unforgettable moments.
In 6 minutes at 2700 meters above sea level. The ascent with the Dachstein Panorama gondola is a real experience. The impressive mountain scenery with the imposing south face of the Dachstein right in front of your nose. From the mountain station you have an incredible view over the summit of Austria to the Czech Republic and Slovenia. Breathtaking moments are guaranteed here, as is a thrill with a view.
– ascent with the panoramic gondola
– stunning views down the Skywalk and the Dachstein suspension bridge
– Thrill on the stairs to nowhere
– Dachstein Ice Palace – mystical world of ice
– Hike to the Dachsteinwarte / Seethalerhütte
– with Sommercard from 2 nights incl.
Info & further details: www.derdachstein.at
2. “Die Bergretter”- TV series based in Ramsau am Dachstein
Ramsau am Dachstein is the main venue and location for the popular prime time series. With millions of spectators in front of the TV, the team of the Ramsau mountain rescue has fascinated audiences since 2009 on ZDF.
The new episodes of the series will be shot from spring to autumn. Many locations such as the mountain rescue office, Emilies farm or film sets in the open terrain are located directly in the village of Ramsau or the mountain pastures region. With a little luck, you can even watch the filming.
“Die Bergretter” Highlights:
– Filming location Emilies Hof – Pernerhof in Ramsau am Dachstein
– Location mountain rescue office in the center of Ramsau am Dachstein
– many locales throughout the entire region. Pension Marthaler, Heli Port C14 or the Hotel Herbrechter
– guided hike: In the footsteps of the mountain rescuers
– Original mountain rescue fan hike in September
Info & further details: www.ramsau.com
3. Lodenwalke Ramsau – the home of the Schladminger Loden
Best craftsmanship in 16 work steps. Loden production requires a wide variety of production steps, from raw wool to the finished loden fabric.
With the basic idea “Wool takes time”, the loden is still produced today according to an old tradition. So even the original Schladminger Perlloden is known far beyond the borders for its good quality. The product range is constantly being expanded with new creative ideas and a young design.
– the oldest business enterprise in Styria
– first mentioned in a document in 1434
– free guided factory tours
– good Styrian tavern (ideal for bus groups)
– Showroom and Online Shop
– free car and bus parking
Info & further details: www.lodenwalker.at
4. Mandlberggut Dachstein – Dachstein distillery and the mountain pine
Manufactory with two distilleries. Guided tour of the Dachstein distillery with whiskey and schnapps distillery as well as the mountain pine distillery.
Guided tour of the Dachstein distillery on the Mandlberggut. Insight into the production of natural products such as ointments, high-quality brandies and Austrian whiskies from local plants and fruits.
– Mandlberggut manufactory with 2 distilleries
– Guided tour with tasting
– Farm store and online shop
– Coffee mandl:bergkaffee (ideal for bus groups)
– free car and bus parking
Info & further details: www.mandlberggut.com
Other attractions in the region
- Planai – Mountain of champions www.planai.at
- Salt mines in Altaussee, Hallstatt and Hallein www.salzwelten.at
- Ice cave in Werfen www.eisriesenwelt.at
- Dachstein Krippenstein ice caves www.dachstein-salzkammergut.com
- Benedictine monastery Admont www.stiftadmont.at
- Schloss Trautenfels www.museum-johanneum.at